Pages

Wednesday, January 4, 2012

010512 Peppermint Cookies

I discovered something I didn't know existed last month ... Andes Peppermint Crunch Baking Chips.  If you know me, you know I LOVE peppermint - the taste, the scent, and especially Peppermint Chocolate Chips shakes at Chik-Fil-A only available during the holidays!!!

Anyway, I found a recipe on the back of the package called Andres Peppermint Crunch Chunkies.  Of course I HAD to make them and they were SOOOOO good!  Here's the recipe:

2 sticks butter
1 cup dark brown sugar (I used light brown because that's what I had on hand)
1/3 cup granulated sugar
1 large egg
2 tsp. vanilla extract
1/2 tsp. baking soda
1/2 tsp. salt
1-3/4 cup all purpose flour
1 cup old fashioned rolled oats
1 cup sweetened grated coconut
1-1/4 cup coarsely chopped pecans1
1/2 cups Andes Peppermint Crunch Baking Chips
Red sprinkle sugar (optional)

Preheat oven to 300 degrees (F).  Using an electric mixer, cream the butter, brown sugar and granulated sugar until fluffy (about 3 minutes).  Beat in egg and vanilla extract.  On low speed add baking soda, salt and then flour.  Mix completely.  Stir in oats, coconut, pecans and Andes Peppermint Crunch baking chips.

Measure out 2 tablespoons for large (or 1 tablespoon for small) cookies.  Place round balls on a lightly greased cookie sheet about 2 inches apart.  Press slightly.  Sprinkle some of the  remaining  chips on top of cookie.  Bake 20 minutes for large cookies or 12-15 minutes for small cookies. BE CAREFUL NOT TO OVER BAKE.  They get crunchy on the outside but remain soft on the inside.  Remove from cookie sheet and let cool.

NOTE: I rolled the cookies in the red sprinkle sugar for an added festive flair.

Yield: 30 - 3" or 60 - 1-1/2".

These are amazing and will definitely be adding to our yearly Christmas must have goodies to make.  I just wished I bought several bags to staff in the freezer.

If you make these, please let me know what you think of them.

**************

I've been working on finishing my December Daily album and I just realized that I didn't take one single picture of the things I made this year (Chow Mein Goodies, Cowboy Cookies, Puppy Chow and the recipe above).  Geez Louise!!!  Guess I'll just add the recipes and hopefully remember to take pictures of them the next time I make them!

**************

Whoo Hoo ... just bought my Christmas cards for this year at 75% off!  Now ... where do I put them so I can find them in November???

**************

“What we do today, right now, Will have an accumulated effect on all our tomorrows.”
~ Alexandra Stoddard


Thanks for reading and I hope you have a FAB-U-LOUS Friday!!!

XOXO,
Karen

No comments:

Post a Comment