Pages

Wednesday, January 4, 2012

Some Practical Reminders and Car Wash Brownies Recipe

God is looking for people through whom He can do the impossible.
What a pity when we plan only the things we can do by ourselves.”
-A.W. Tozer

Here's something I ran across that I wanted to share with everyone.  A little planning for an emergency can effect the outcome of it.  It's all common sense and things I know, but ... I get lazy and this is a good reminder to put a little time and effect into doing something that's so easy.

Here are a few practical reminders for your home, and if you drive, for safety and maintenance of your vehicle.

Just a few preparations could save a life.

For the home:

     Check and replace smoke detectors.

     Make sure there is one fire extinguisher in the dwelling.

     Keep extra water in containers for emergencies.

     Have flashlights and batteries, candles, and matches for power outages.

     Keep important phone numbers handy.

Vehicle:

     Check tire pressure-keep pressure gauge in car.

     Schedule regular tune ups and engine maintenance.

     Put together emergency kit for vehicles. Put in a box the following:

            First aid kit
            Knife or scissors
            Blanket
            Flashlight
            Water
            Batteries
            Cell phone charger
            Hammer, screwdriver, rope
            Snack bars, a few cans of food.

Thought I'd off set this practical advise with a really yummy sounding brownie recipe.  I definitely am going to try it, just because the name is so funny.  I admit I'm better at "collecting" recipes than I am making them, but when I'm inspired look out, there will be magic in my kitchen!
Car Wash Brownies
http://frickonastick.com/2010/12/a-birthday-tradition/
(note: I have no idea why they’re called Car Wash Brownies but I don’t even need to know…)
1 cup margarine
4 Tbsp cocoa
1 cup water
2 cups flour
½ tsp salt
1 tsp baking soda
½ cup sour milk (add lemon juice)
2 cups sugar
2 eggs
Icing:
½ cup margarine
¼ cup milk
4 Tbsp cocoa
2 cups icing sugar
1 tsp vanilla
Preheat oven to 350°F
Mix in a pot the margarine, cocoa and water, bringing to a boil. Remove from heat and add flour, salt, and baking soda. Stir until combined. Add milk, sugar and eggs last. Mix well and pour into 9×13 pan. Bake for 30-40 minutes or until it tests done.
Icing:
Bring margarine, milk and cocoa to a boil. Take off stove, add icing sugar. Stir until combined add vanilla. Mix with beaters until smooth, then pour over lukewarm brownies.
If I hadn't just made a batch of Magic Cookie Bars I'd be whipping this up in my kitchen instead of blogging about them. I'll report back after I've personally taste tested them.
If you try them, please let me know how you liked them!
Sending you HUGS and chocolate dreams,
Karen


No comments:

Post a Comment